Comprehensive Business Continuity and Disaster recovery planning will greatly minimize the loss of revenues and customers due to the effects of a disaster; protecting your market share and employees. Identifying potential threats to your business and the impact they may have on your company’s operations should be a high priority.
Extropy can develop a process model designed to effectively respond to any incident. This helps to prevent the emergence of a crisis and can assist in the restoration of your technology infrastructure following a disaster or failure.
Business Continuity Planning
Developing a sound business continuity plan is crucial to preventing even a minor disruption from turning in to a catastrophe. Our business continuity planning services ensure that your company is prepared for any situation.
Business Continuity Solution Elements:
- Business Impact Analysis – Just what and who would be affect by a disaster and how much of your revenues are at stake? If you lost your main data center how would that affect your ability to process orders, deliver services, invoice your customers, pay your employees, etc? Many business leaders make the very costly mistake of not clearly identifying how a disaster could impact their business before a disaster occurs, and don’t get the proper contingency plans in place.
- Risk Assessment – What are the risks and where are you vulnerable? If your data centers are in Florida do you have a geo-redundant data center as backup? How does the business operate if your workforce has their homes destroyed by a natural disaster like Katrina? What are the protocols to protect your company from a pandemic? You can’t identify every risk possible, but Extropy’s experts can help you identify the most likely risks and help you plan contingencies based on how they will impact your business.
- Mitigation Plans – Understanding where your company is vulnerable and how your business may be impacted by a disaster is a good start. The challenge is to develop plans to mitigate those risks that fit within your budget. Extropy has worked with many companies to develop comprehensive mitigation plans to ensure business continuity in the event of a disaster.
- Recovery Strategy and Planning – While risk mitigation can be effective in reducing your risk, you can never eliminate all risk. It is important to develop a solid recovery strategy and plan for the worst case scenarios. Extropy experts will share their tribal knowledge to develop strategies to ensure that your business continues operating after a major disaster.
- Testing and Audit – Even the best paid plans can fail during implementation. It is important to conduct tests of your disaster recovery plans periodically and audit the plan at various locations and within departments. Tests and audits will identify weaknesses in the plans and allow you to adjust. It is at your own peril to allow an actual disaster to be the only time you test your plan.
Extropy provides end-to-end disaster recovery planning and system design services. We can develop a plan and system design that aligns with your recovery objectives and critical business needs that leverages your existing investments; enabling your business systems to recover from any outage rapidly. Unlike business continuity planning which focus on the broader strategy and planning for people and processes, Disaster Recover focuses on the technology and system which support your business and enable you to continue to operate.
Disaster Recovery Solution Elements:
- IT Architecture and Design – There are many options available to fit your recovery objectives. A sound IT Architecture and Design can ensure that disaster striking single or even regional facilities doesn’t equate to a total loss of data and systems. Extropy has the experience in developing technology solutions to meet your exact business and budget needs. We will work with your teams to develop solutions and roadmaps to get there; navigating the myriad of vendor solutions.
- Systems Integration – Taking your IT Architecture and Design from paper to a functional solution takes a lot of careful planning. Integrating Disaster Recovery solutions can be tricky, and the last thing you want to do is create your own disaster when integrating a recovery solution. Extropy experts have integrated many recovery solutions and understand the risks potential issues in developing and executing an integration plan. Extropy takes change management seriously and will develop solutions to fit within your change management protocols or develop some to put in place for each implementation.
- Disaster Recovery Testing – Networks and technology don’t always work as predicted, especially during a disaster. Generally this is due to configuration or design errors, or undocumented changes to the system that aren’t apparent until a failover scenario occurs. It is important to periodically test your recovery system under controlled conditions. Doing so will allow you to identify potential issues during windows where it will have a minimal or no impact, as opposed to an emergency scenario where you are really counting on things to work. Extropy can help you develop testing plans to minimize business impact and maximize your ability to uncover weaknesses in the design and process.
Partner with Extropy and we’ll ensure that you’re prepared to deal with disaster.